Another award from Maryam – a very inspiring blogger award. Thanks, Maryam. Glad that you like my blog and find it inspiring 🙂 I often get inspired by beautiful images from your blog – let’s keep this inspirational cross-infection going 🙂
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
1. I hate being ‘labeled’ or ‘stereotyped’ (e.g. by gender, appearance, age, family status, nationality etc. etc. etc.). That’s why I like otrazhenie, which is just a reflection, that can’t be stereotyped or labeled in any way.
2. Psychology was my favourite subject at University. I was always particularly fascinated with the communication psychology and how a message, that has one meaning for its creator, can have a completely different meaning for its recipient depending on his or her experience in life. That’s why I like getting comments from my readers and followers and see, how my posts can mean different things to different people.
3. I like learning languages and learning about different cultures, as that provides an interesting insight into how different cultures can perceive life in different ways and can come up with completely different ‘cultural’ solutions to the same social problems. ‘Cultural’ experience also brings another interesting dimension to interpersonal communication, as even a simple message can be understood so differently by the creator and recipient depending on their ‘cultural’ experience.
4. Interpersonal communication is like a radio for me – sometimes I meet a person and instantly feel that we are on the same ‘wavelength’ and see things in the same way. I was lucky to meet a few such people in my life and they are very important for me. With most people however I feel that we are ‘speaking’ on a different ‘wavelength’ and no matter what we say, we get too much ‘noise’ that blocks the real ‘message’.
5. Sometimes I like provoking and challenging people’s thinking and views. Not because I agree or disagree with their views, but because I like exploring different perspectives and viewpoints on the same issue.
6. ‘Otrazhenie’ (or reflection) is my essence – I like reflecting everything I see or feel. That’s my way of making sense of reality. My reflections might be ‘contradictory’ at times, which some people might find confusing. However reality is full of contradictions and confusion. Life is not black and white and can’t be easily ‘squeezed’ into a particular paradigm or viewpoint.
7. I like inspirational people with positive attitude to life. I’m very pleased that I came across so many inspiring bloggers in the blogosphere. I tried to nominate as many inspiring bloggers as I could remember. Sorry if I have missed your blog. I find it very hard nominating bloggers for such awards – as soon as I publish my nominations, I start coming across blogs that I like a lot but forgot to include into my nominations.
I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award:
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
- Scott Williams
You are indeed inspirational. Keep on going!
Thank you for showing us your reflection! Quite platonic person I suppose…no! I m not labeling you. Genuine, is that a reflection of you?
Well, I think, everything we do or say is a reflection of us to some extent – or just a snapshot of us and our feelings at a particular moment. 🙂
Golden words! 😉
very nice keep on 🙂
Congratulations! Well deserved. And thank you for the nomination. It’s very much appreciated – And I’m in some great company here! 🙂
Thanks 🙂 . Glad that you like your company here 🙂 .
Heartiest congratulations to get an award for inspiring others. Its indeed the greatest gift one can give.
Thanks, Dilip 🙂
I read all the 7 things you stated about yourself and i have a funny feeling that we are quite similar, especialy what you said about that radio thing. ” Sometimes I meet a person and instantly feel that we are on the same ‘wavelength’ and see things in the same way.” i am glad we met 🙂