Monthly Archives: October 2012
Sometimes, it is better to be alone…
Love vs. Lust
“Love comforteth like sunshine after rain,
But Lust’s effect is tempest after sun;
Love’s gentle spring doth always fresh remain,
Lust’s winter comes ere summer half be done.
Love surfeits not, Lust like a glutton dies;
Love is all truth, Lust full of forged lies.”
(from ‘Venus and Adonis’ by William Shakespeare (1564-1616) )
Wonderful Readership Award
Thanks designer22 for nominating me for the wonderful team member readership award. Much appreciated. 🙂
The rules are outlined below:
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
1) Why do you blog
- to exchange thoughts and ideas,
- build up my collection of favourite poems, prose, thoughts and images,
- meet interesting people online,
- get the buzz out of my head 🙂
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Hm, that’s a hard one. Too many things to choose from. Let’s get started:
- Book: Complete works of Shakespeare and Mark Twain
- Food: fruit and berries. Love them all. 🙂
- Game: playing cards.
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
I’m not good at telling a joke, but love Mark Twain’s sense of humour. So I’ll share one of Mark Twain’s jokes instead 🙂 : “When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded how much he had learned in the last seven years.”
4) What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Patience and compassion
5) What one word best describes you?
Quiet and shy in public.
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Hm, I don’t have a sweet tooth. Would rather have a lifetime supply of fresh berries and fruit 🙂
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Can’t choose one – there are so many characters I relate myself to. Some of them are featured on my blog in the Prose and Poems sections. 🙂
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
Who I nominate:
Governments don’t want a population…
I lived in countries that have no democracy…
* * *
Only a few are brave enough to defend freedom of speech and human rights in Russia. Their work is very dangerous. Lawyers, journalists, and human rights defenders have been murdered for their work in Russia.
Love your enemies…
“Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.”
(Bible, Matthew 5:44)
Hm? May be, those guns are shooting with hugs and kisses instead of bullets?
Without aggression, it becomes possible to think well…
“Without aggression, it becomes possible to think well, to be curious about differences, and to enjoy each other’s company.”
Margaret J Wheatley
From Imagining Rama
Online moderation as a form of censorship and misrepresentation of opinions
A few weeks ago I started a new category on my blog for censorship and forbidden books. This week I encountered a hilarious example of ‘censorship’ in online world. I came across a site with a post on Ending Violence Against Men. As I strongly oppose all forms of violence, I decided to join into the discussion. However something weird started happening. A few of my comments got posted and were ‘awaiting moderation’, and then they quietly disappeared from that page. That’s weird, I thought, as I could not see anything offensive in my comments. So I reposted them again – and again my comments quietly disappeared after moderation with no explanation or any other message from the moderator . I gave up after 3rd attempt and decided to present that site with the first award from my blog – Gold Teeth Denture Award for improved chewing, as, speaking in Mark Twain’s words, this moderator’s baby teeth obviously found my comments too chewy.
My ‘chewy’ comments are provided below.
‘Chewy’ reply to Keevo removed after moderation:
* * *
‘Chewy’ reply to AntiFeminist removed after moderation: