“Love comforteth like sunshine after rain,
But Lust’s effect is tempest after sun;
Love’s gentle spring doth always fresh remain,
Lust’s winter comes ere summer half be done.
Love surfeits not, Lust like a glutton dies;
Love is all truth, Lust full of forged lies.”
(from ‘Venus and Adonis’ by William Shakespeare (1564-1616) )
Thanks designer22 for nominating me for the wonderful team member readership award. Much appreciated. 🙂
The rules are outlined below:
1. The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar.
2. Over a period of 7 days (1 week), the Nominee shall nominate a number of readers that he or she appreciates – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be all on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, as most convenient to the Nominee.
3. The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
1) Why do you blog
- to exchange thoughts and ideas,
- build up my collection of favourite poems, prose, thoughts and images,
- meet interesting people online,
- get the buzz out of my head 🙂
2) If you were trapped on a desert island, what book, DVD, food, cartoon character, and childhood game would you bring?
Hm, that’s a hard one. Too many things to choose from. Let’s get started:
- Book: Complete works of Shakespeare and Mark Twain
- Food: fruit and berries. Love them all. 🙂
- Game: playing cards.
3) Share a funny joke or one-liner.
I’m not good at telling a joke, but love Mark Twain’s sense of humour. So I’ll share one of Mark Twain’s jokes instead 🙂 : “When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded how much he had learned in the last seven years.”
4) What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Patience and compassion
5) What one word best describes you?
Quiet and shy in public.
6) If you could have a lifetime supply of any candy/candy bar, what would it be?
Hm, I don’t have a sweet tooth. Would rather have a lifetime supply of fresh berries and fruit 🙂
7) What fictional character do you relate to most?
Can’t choose one – there are so many characters I relate myself to. Some of them are featured on my blog in the Prose and Poems sections. 🙂
8) If you were to write the story of your life, what would you call it?
Who I nominate:
* * *
Only a few are brave enough to defend freedom of speech and human rights in Russia. Their work is very dangerous. Lawyers, journalists, and human rights defenders have been murdered for their work in Russia.