Are not available
To the dreamers,
To the singers.
In some lands
And cold steel
But the dream
Will come back,
And the song
Russia: “Speak out for Freedom” – show of solidarity against repression
Amnesty International has launched a Week of Action, from 6 to 12 October 2014, to show solidarity with independent voices in Russia who speak out against the pernicious creep of repression in the country.
To mark the start of the Week of Action Amnesty International is publishing a new briefing, Violation of the right to freedom of expression, association and assembly in Russia, which focuses on the following areas of concern:
- Independent media in Russia – journalists threatened, harassed, physically attacked and even murdered with impunity;
- Non-governmental organizations smeared, fined and forced to close down for independent and critical work spuriously presented as “political activities” in the interests of foreign sponsors;
- Protesters denied the right to express their views in public spaces; arrested and tried in unfair proceedings.
The week of action coincides with the 8th anniversary of the murder of Russian investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya, one of the all-time staunchest critics of the Kremlin and once a prominent free voice of the Russian media.
- Human Rights and Trial by Timeline
- How to end poverty?
- #Blame Twitter
- I lived in countries that have no democracy…
- There is only one thing…
- Human Rights in Russian Federation